Last Updated on
Mobility Scooters or Moving Chairs? Which one yield you a better facility? Well, both the options are commendable. Let us have a brief review over both the devices. And you can then decide it for yourself, which one is best suitable for you.
What are Electric Moving Chairs?
- 1 What are Electric Moving Chairs?
- 2 What does Electric Wheelchair offer?
- 3 What does Electric Medical Scooter Offer?
- 4 How to decide which one to prefer?
- 5 When is the Electric mobility scooter needed?
- 6 When is the power wheelchair needed?
- 7 The Electric Wheelchair Pros and Cons
- 8 Pros of the Electric Wheelchair
- 9 Cons of the Electric Wheelchair
- 10 Mobility Scooter Pros and Cons
- 11 Cons of the mobility scooter
- 12 Conclusion
When you hear the word, “Wheel Chairs”, or “Moving Chairs”, we quickly imagine the chairs those are available in any hospitals, air ports or at any public places. While, Electric Moving Chairs are slight different than your imagination. Rather, a much more different.
What does Electric Wheelchair offer?
Electric Wheelchair is programmed. It can be used both indoors and outdoors, very comfortably. You have a joystick to control the wheelchair.
The Electric Wheelchair offer vide range of comfort features. You can use it for longer duration as the electric wheelchairs even have options for postures. Your posture and movements are all very well taken of.
The Electric wheelchairs are safer to use. However, they are very heavy to lift up and carry.
What does Electric Medical Scooter Offer?
Electric Mobility scooters are fancy and preferred over wheelchairs. The only reason why mobile scooters are preferred over moving chairs is that, they are modest. The scooters impart the coolness and smartness to the user. And these scooters can be used indoors as well. Mobility scooters Brisbane, provides the mobility 3 wheeler, 4 wheeler and compact scooters facility of best quality scooters ever.
3 wheeler scooter, is for more flexibility. The 4 wheeler scooter offers more stability. Whereas, the compact mobility scooter offers a storage space too.
Electric mobility scooter is very easy to handle. They can be handled in the same as the bicycle is. The user need not be trained to handle the scooter. All the medical kits can fit in the scooter easily. Moreover, the mobility scooters are affordable.
How to decide which one to prefer?
Before making any purchase. There are a few things that you must know. Both the electric Wheelchair and mobility scooter, has the same type of battery. Considering the features and the facilities they provide, electric wheelchair is better for all the indoor activities. Though they work very well outdoors too, mobility scooter has its own aura.
When is the Electric mobility scooter needed?
- Use the Electric mobility scooter when you need an instant assistant.
- If you are the person who is going to roam far and want to travel longer.
- If you are independently able to get in and get out of the electric mobility scooter.
- If you don’t have any major posture or shoulder problems.
- In case, your indoors are wider and comfortable to take electric mobility scooter here and there around the walls.
- If you are looking for something that can be used only for outdoor purposes.
- Electric mobility scooter provides you with insurance and is affordable
When is the power wheelchair needed?
- When you are suffering from limited space for mobility.
- When you have problem handling the mobility scooters comfortably.
- When you are dependent on others for your basic activities.
- When you need extra support of someone else to help you out.
- Insurance for wheelchair is guaranteed by physician
The Electric Wheelchair Pros and Cons
Pros of the Electric Wheelchair
- Electric wheelchair can be handled Independently and is easy to be supported as well.
- The Electrical wheelchair is capable of travelling outdoors as well.
- The powered wheelchairs have Tight-turning radius
- The electric wheelchairs are available in various sizes and weights. Light weighted chairs are available as well.
- You get a variety of seating options in the wheelchair, according to your posture.
- You are allowed to access Beneficial accessories such as joysticks.
- Electric wheelchair is capable of Travelling long distances
- The electric wheel chair is highly Stable and tight
- It can Easily fit into a car trunk
- A variety of wheel styles are available to choose from
- A variety of battery specifications and other features are also available to choose from
- The electric wheelchair is capable to travel over any type of land.
- The powered wheelchairs can be moved easily, with just a touch of hand
Cons of the Electric Wheelchair
- The electric wheelchair is operated on the battery
- Regular maintenance and the battery charge is thus required
Mobility Scooter Pros and Cons
Pros of the Mobility Scooter
- Beneficial for the ones who are not able to seat on wheelchair
- More customizable
- Easy to move and easy to assemble
- Seems cool and smart
Cons of the mobility scooter
- Needs to Charge the battery on a regular basis
- Comparatively less stable
- Is not capable of making corner moves easily.
- Comparatively more weighted
- Cannot be folded.
- Can’t be used for travels that are too long and far
- The indoor use can be limited due to space
There are various sizes in the portable chairs and scooters. You can have a look at both of them to decide it for yourself. However, you can choose wheelchair for indoor activities, as roaming inside the rooms with scooter becomes mess. If you are willing to roam around the town, mobility scooter is for you.