Last Updated on
So your professor has asked you to pick a trendy topic that young American adults care about, and you can’t think of a single thing. Don’t worry, this happens to a lot of students, especially when they are in their first year of college. Picking an essay topic by yourself is not an easy task compared to the times when you were in high school, and your teacher would give you a specific topic, allowing you to get straight to researching and writing it.
Luckily for you, young adults in America are talking freely about almost any topics that are relevant to them – it is the land of the free after all. And if you are hoping to find a trendy topic, you have definitely come to the right place. We have gone through the trouble of researching and listing 20 trendy essay topics you can pick right now and start writing immediately. Just keep in mind that it is not a must to use these topics as they are – you can edit them a bit to suit your preferences.
4 Trendy Topics about Technology
If there is anything that we use every day, it is technology. Technology is something that can do a lot of good in the lives of young adults, but it can just as easily do the opposite as well. This makes it a topic that will never be out of date and can be the subject of a great essay. If you are thinking about writing about technology, try these four trendy topics.
- The Growth in Internet Use: Is this a Good or Bad Thing?
- Is the Increased Use of Mobile Phones Making Us Incapable of Interacting Face-to-Face?
- Nanotechnology is Transforming People’s Lives: Is that a Good Thing or a Bad Thing?
- Are Young Adults in America Becoming Too Dependent on Their Computers, Smartphones, and Tablets?
4 Trendy Topics about Social Life
Social life is another topic that also has a huge significance in the lives of many young adults. After all, this is the time they spend with others doing things that they enjoy. The good thing about social life is that one can easily think of some topics by drawing from their own experiences. But since you are here because you are stuck and can’t think of a topic, here are four of them.
- What is the Best Way for a Student to Be Socially Compatible with Their Peers When College Starts
- Sports or School: Can Students Athletes Do Both?
- Is Partying a Necessary Aspect of the College Experience?
- Overcoming Social Phobias in College: What is the Best Way to Become More Social?
4 Trendy Topics about Travelling
Almost everyone thinks about traveling abroad once in a while, and young adults are no exception. Many people recommend that if an opportunity to travel ever comes your way, you should take it without hesitation, as it can be a rewarding experience to come in contact with a new culture and lifestyle other than your own. If you are looking for a trendy topic to write about in regards to traveling, we have listed a few below.
- Is it Necessary for Every Student to Do a Semester Abroad?
- Discovering Yourself: Why it is Important to Take a Gap Year to Travel the World
- Exploring the Unknown: Why Traveling Can Be a Life Changing Experience
- Studying at Home or Studying Abroad: Which One is Better?
4 Trendy Topics about Health
Everyone is concerned about their health and wants to remain in tip-top shape (even though living healthy is not something anyone can manage). Health is one field that is a treasure trove for interesting and trendy topics that one can write about. So what are the health topics that concern young adults in this day and age? Here are four of them.
- Are College Students Getting Enough Sleep With the Demands of College Workload?
- Does Living in the Close Quarters of a Dorm Pose a Health Risk?
- Should College Cafeterias Focus More on Offering a Balanced Diet?
- Is the Campus Clinic An Ideal Place to Go When a Student is Ill?
4 Trendy Essay Topics about Finance
On top of worrying about school, many students who are young adults are also concerned about their finances. This is because the cost of tuition is higher now more than ever. To top it off, there are other financial concerns to throw into the mix, such as accommodation, food, textbooks, transport, and supplies. As you can see, finance can make for some great trendy topics, and here are some of them.
- Student Loans: Is Getting One Really Worth the Debt You Will Incur?
- Is it a Good Idea for Students to Work Part Time of Full-Time Jobs While Studying?
- Why Many Students Struggle With Making a Budget and Sticking to It
- Can Students Really Save More on Groceries and Rent if They Split the Bill?
Being told to pick an essay topic for yourself can fill many students with dread. It is understandable too because thinking up a topic is extra hard work on top of writing the actual paper. This list of 20 trending essay topics among young adults will help any student jump straight into writing. It is also worth mentioning that you can purchase an essay written from scratch by experienced writers whenever you are having trouble writing an essay.